Thursday, August 29, 2013

Northwest Part II

We were thankful that we had enough time off that we were able to not only visit Seattle, but go to my favorite childhood spot of all time, Lake Pend Oreille.  As a child, we spent many weeks every summer at my grandparent's lakelot. Those were some precious times and I wanted to share them with Chris and Kaleb.  We had an awesome time of course.  Kaleb was able to spend some time with his cousins (Luke 6 and Zach 8) and of course he felt BIG.  It was fun and nourishing to be able to spend time with  my family that I do not get to see often.  

 Kaleb and daddy getting in the water.  The air temperature was in the 80's, but the water was 72 degrees.  What Kaleb does not know, is that is good for Lake Pend Oreille, but he decided it was too cold to swim.  He cried all the way to shore. 
 John built a wiffle ball court and we had a ball playing.
 We enjoyed many boat rides, whether to sight see or for water sports.  A good boat ride is notorious for getting a good sleep out of young children.  After this we covered Kaleb with a blanket so he did not get burnt.  Yay for naps!
 Chris relaxing.
 One of my favorite things about Lake Pend Oreille, is that the mountains  meet the water. I think it is absolutely gorgeous.  

 Boating under a train.  Think that is a first for me. 
 Chris and I have been talking all summer about trying to get on a stand-up paddleboard.  We were super-excited when we saw that Carrie had one.  It was a little small for Chris, thus the below picture. He had great success paddling on his knees. 

It was a nice size for me and I had a comfortable ride. 
 Our new lake neighbors started surfing behind the boat. They took us all out so that we could try.  Basically, the goal is to get the surfboard in the right spot of the wake so that you can drop the roap and simply surf.  I was able to get where the wake was carrying me, but I was not courageous enough to drop the rope.  This was REALLY fun.
 Chris was a rockstar too.
 Skis were a little more difficult for Chris.  He actually did better trying to get up on one ski.  He was up momentarily, which is rare for someone to get up easier on one.  Wish we would have started on one, and he would have been skiing his first weekend. 
 Kaleb's first boat drive!  John let him drive around the bay and Kaleb had a total blast!!!!

No comments: