Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Soccer

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.  A lot of things have happened in our family over the last couple of months, but I feel like I can start posting some fun stories again.

This fall we started soccer.  Whether Kaleb knows it or not, he is really good at soccer.  I have never seen a 4-year old dribble the ball quite like him, so of course we enrolled him in soccer.  He hates it.

Of course it was 106 degrees during his first game, and he told me "the sun made me grumpy."  I kind of shrugged it off as other kids and parents were dragging too.  Then, came the next week...and the next.  While Kaleb likes practice and does well there, he does not thrive in a the soccer induced amoeba often associated with 4-5 year old soccer. On game day, Kaleb is a bona-fide water boy.  Sometimes he plays, but most of the time he likes to guard the Gatorade jug.  Then sometimes he wants to be a practical joker "water boy."  I was out coaching with Chris (of course, Chris and I are coaching), and I see the top of our water jug floating about the field.  Kaleb thought he would use it as a shield.  Then, this last week he looked like a little flower girl, tossing little paper cups out throughout the field.  Chris and I laughed.  What can you do?

We think he really likes soccer, but maybe he doesn't.  We'll finish out this season and maybe will revisit soccer at a later date.  Chris and I have ENJOYED coaching and the relationships we have built with other parents.  It has all in all, been a good season.  I will post more pictures later.

Here is Kaleb at practice.  It's funny.  He has a ball dribbling the ball back in forth at practice.

No comments: