Kaleb officially has an imaginary friend. Her name is Yellow and she is a girl. She likes to go with us throughout the day, but Kaleb makes her stay home when he is at school. He loves to tell me throughout the day what yellow is doing. He told me that yellow is always happy and the sun shines on her house. She also has two dogs. One of them is black and the other is white. Sometimes he gets sad if he forgets to bring her with us, but cheers up quickly when I pull her out of my purse. He quickly takes her and off they go!
On Kaleb's first day of school he had to draw a picture of himself and he drew a picture of him and Yellow. You can see her on the top right. I think this picture is fascinating because I have been trying to get him to tell me what Yellow looks like and all he says is that she is yellow. I can finally see her as he sees her.
I love the imagination of 4-year olds!

No comments:
Post a Comment