When we came out of the aquarium the bridge looked gorgeous and I just had to get some pictures. I'm sure the locals can see this frequently, but I thought it was beautiful. Here are some pictures from that day. I wanted the "next" family photo but due to Kaleb's refusal to put down his ICEE, this is what we got. Still cute.
Also, we read Kaleb 2-3 books each night (in addition to the ones he brings us throughout the day). Recently, he progressed from just laying there and listening to picking out words he liked and spelling them out and resaying them. I wasn't positive, but I had the impression that he was ready to try to start reading. I talked to his teacher and she let us a borrow a beginning reading book. Ummm...our boy is clearly ready. He is already familiar with a lot of sight words and the book uses symbols for new vocabulary words. He just read half the book to me a little bit ago before he was wooed back into Cat in the Hat. I'm not trying to brag, but I find myself amazed because our sweet boy was a little delayed in his verbal expression. To the extent that I talked to his pediatrician about it. It turns out the little boy didn't feel like talking, he was just taking it in. He is amazing me on a daily basis with his intelligence...not to mention his sweetness. We thank the Lord for you Kaleb.



No comments:
Post a Comment