Saturday, November 1, 2014

Kiawah Island Beach Trip

I suppose it is time to try to get this blog caught up! I will start with our Beach trip to Kiawah Island, SC in June.  Yep, Luke was only about 6 weeks old, but he was a trooper.  He rested in the breeze and enjoyed the waves while Kaleb played and romped around in the sand.  I knew at this point Luke was going to be a chill little guy.  Enjoy the pictures!
 We tried to dress up for dinner one night.  This is about as good as we get. 

 Kaleb playing on the beach while Luke slept in the shade. 

 Snuggling with the wee man. 
 Poor Chris sat in class in the mornings (thanks for taking one for the team daddy), and we relaxed at the condo.
 Kaleb and mommy took a few walks.  I loved this beach because part of it was a nature reserve and we saw all kinds of critters on our walks.  
 I also loved that they had movies in the park.  This particular night we ordered a pizza and watched Monsters University on the lawn.  That was pretty awesome.
 We were able to stay for the 4th of July which was great on the beach.  We basically watched about 5 firework shows at once up and down the shore. 
 More of my beach bum. 
 Kaleb has an ability to meet teenage girls anywhere.  This particular girl was about to head off to school as a pre-med major.  He played with her all day...and she was super-sweet to Kaleb.
 And, what beach trip would be complete without burying Kaleb in the sand???



 Here we were getting ready for the 4th of July festivities.


 I love trying to grab pictures of daddy throwing Kaleb over the moon.  The colors in this photo are beautiful.


 This is how we watched the fireworks.  We just tilted our chairs in different directions.  A cool breeze...sand in our toes...

No comments: