Friday, August 3, 2012

Memphis Zoo

One of our dearest friends, Danny felt called to minister and work in the ghetto of Memphis.  Or, if I am more politically correct, the inner city.  Yes, I do want to be politically correct, but I also want you to know that Danny is working in Orange Mound, one of the most notorious ghettos in the United States.  We have wanted to visit him for a while and we were thankful that we had the opportunity to do just that recently.  Danny purchased his home for $8,000 and has completely renovated it.  It's impeccably beautiful.  I was nervous to bring our little family into Orange Mound, but once I got there it did not feel scary at all. I could definitely feel God's protection over Danny's place.  Now, he is smart, and does not make stupid decisions in terms of his safety, but I was excited to see how God was using him in "da mound." The second day we were there, we took Kaleb to the Memphis zoo.  It was a really nice zoo.  Also, it was clearly HOT and MUGGY!!!  I have never been so anxious to visit the aquarium in my entire life just to be inside.  Kaleb enjoyed the whole experience.

 Kaleb and Uncle Danny
 Tiger
 Kaleb is totally into giraffes these days
 And, elephants. 
 With Daddy.  We were standing over the wolves den therefore he was not interested in the picture.  
 Still not interested.
 It was this panda bear's birthday and he or she (not sure) got to enjoy a frozen cake of fruit.  Yummy!
We finished with the penguin exhibit.  I LOVE penguins and apparently I have passed that on to our son as he was just as excited to watch them eat as I was. 

What a HOT and FUN day!  

No comments: