Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Silly Video and Other Blurbs...

You can tell life has been busy for us when I neglect to update our blog.  I have a ton of pictures to post, so I'll get to them soon.  The child celebrated his 2nd birthday since my last post...so you know I have lots of pictures!  Unfortunately, I have 3 more papers to write.  Boo. 

I wanted to post a silly video of Kaleb. Every time I pull my camera or iPhone out he says, "cheeese."  He's kind of a drama king...I love this kid!

Also, we have started potty training this week.  Not sure if he is quite ready, so we're willing to stop if he needs to.  The goal however, is to have him potty trained before I start my internship in late August.  Thankfully we have had a much better day today. He has been able to go the last two times on the potty.  The trick...a peepee chart and a pretzel rod.  He knows he gets to put a little sticker on the chart for pee pee and a big sticker up for poo poo.  Our child loves stickers.  The last two times on the potty, I mentioned the sticker and I felt his little belly squeeze and he went pee.  Of course he immediately grinned and asked for his sticker.  Secondly, I give him a pretzel stick to chew on.  I know he will at least sit still until that stick is gone.  (Too bad he didn't eat much for lunch).  Hey, it's just a big learning game for us!

Hope you enjoy...and blessings to you!

No comments: