Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Sperry Flood of 2012

This last weekend we experienced some severe weather.  That should be expected when it's 70 degrees one day and snowing the next.  The weather in Kentucky is definitely interesting.

Kaleb and I were having one of those fights over nap time and I had just got him to sleep when I heard the familiar buzz of our weather radio.  Yep, Tornado Warning.  Of course that means that we should get into shelter, but sleep is precious and the downpour was phenomenal.  So I took pictures and vowed I would get Kaleb if things looked like they were going to get worse.  Moments later, it got really still and I ran up and got him.  Thankfully, nothing touched down close to us, but an EF2 tornado hit the next county over.  (Pray for them as a church was completely demolished).

So with that, I will leave you with some of our flooding pictures.  It was intense!
 There was a flowing river from our back yard to the front which met up with the river flowing down our street. 
 The lot across the street from us was completely flooded.
 Wanna swim in our back yard?  Actually, this is our neighbor's back yard which was completely flooded.  Our yard was 3/4 flooded.  

This picture was taken after the rain had stopped and I got Kaleb back to bed.  You can see it is still flowing!

Praying we will not have anymore January tornadoes!  That is too weird and I am thankful that no one was hurt during these storms. 

No comments: