Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Things You Don't Normally See

I apologize for the long hiatus from blogging about our adventures.  A lot has happened in our little lives over the last few months, and honestly my brain has done a decent bit of processing.  Well, I am back and I will try to catch you up on some of our highlights via pictures.

Before I post some fun pictures of my kiddo, I must tell you a story.  Last night Chris and I were cleaning up after dinner.  I was loading the dishwasher and Tanner was licking plates as I loaded.  (Annoying habit I know).  Anyway, somehow his collar got caught in the bottom rack which led him to go immediately bizerk.  He started hopping and swinging his neck all over the place to disengage his collar and ended up pulling out the entire rack instead!!!  The rack was full and Tanner was still swinging.  Of course, I'm freaking out because (well, I do that) I am picturing my dishes flying all over the kitchen...oh, and I am worried about the health and safety of my lab.  Thankfully, Chris got Tanner still and pulled the rack off of him and there were only a few dishes that didn't make it and lots of silverware strewn about my kitchen.  The image of my dog flinging his neck around with my bottom rack of dishes attached to his neck still makes me collapse in giggles.  Chris was obviously more compassionate.  He kept saying, "How would you feel if you had a dishwasher attached to your neck?"  My thoughts...only our dog would manage to get a dishwasher around his neck.  Coincidentally, Tanner did not help with dishes tonight.

No comments: