This year Chris had to work for Christmas so we stayed home. It was a nice quiet Christmas, but we sure did miss our families. Keith and Diane will come up tomorrow (26th) and will travel back to KY with us. Then we will go spend a couple of days with Dad, Georgie and Briana. Kaleb is going to have a great time celebrating Christmas for a whole week!
The night before Christmas, Chris and I stayed up like many other parents across the world assembling things for Christmas day. Well, Chris assembled and I supervised. After midnight we settled all cozy in our bed only to have our sweet child wake up at 6am ready to celebrate! I had to explain to him that Christmas doesn't begin until the sun comes up. I put in a video and hurried off for more sleep. When we got out of bed, Kaleb had already discovered his stocking and was devouring chocolate. Hmmm... Then, Chris made us some yummy breakfast and then we opened some presents...
The obligatory Christmas tree shot. (Mom, yours is under there, but I'm waiting for one more piece and then I can mail it to you).
This is the second year we did a Jesse Tree with Kaleb. Basically it's a month long devotional to do with your children that explains the lineage of Jesus and tells the story of His coming. Each night we read a story and then he hung an ornament. The tree started out in his room, but he quickly lost that privilege and it spent the rest of the season in the living room.
The stockings were all hung with care.
The mistletoe in our entry way...a great excuse to get some smooches at the Sperry house.
Now to the presents. I made Kaleb some new letters for his new big boy room. They are blue and red with green ribbons. I post another picture when I hang them.
Chris and I got Kaleb a new train table for all of his trains. He loved this gift! He played with his trains most of the day.
He got a new Louisville hat and a Elmo piano book. We loved that he took his time with each gift. He was slow and intentional. (We'll see if he stays this way as he gets older).
Grandma Julie and Great-Grandma Milne got Kaleb a new bike. They wanted to get him a trike this year, but Kaleb decided he really liked the big-boy bikes and skipped the whole trike stage. This bike is called a balance bike. Basically, it does not have peddles and the child can skoot to gain speed, and then he tucks his feet and balances. The idea is that kids will learn to ride a two wheel bike without even using training wheels at an earlier age. Kaleb ran into one at the REI store in Greenville and loved it! Thank you Grandma Julie, John, and Great-Grandma Milne. (Daddy was lowering the seat as Kaleb "patiently" waited to ride).
He's really excited to be on his big boy bike!
All smiles!
Thank you for my gifts!!!
After we opened gifts we went to church. Our Sunday service was a kid friendly service about the birth of Jesus. All of the kids came to the front of the church and our pastor read them a story about the birth of Christ . At different points, the choir interjected with a song. Kaleb loved to be up at the front of the church right next to the choir. I believe he got the Sperry's musical genes because this child loves music!
We ended the day with a yummy potluck meal with our residency family. It's sometimes hard not being able to be with our families during the holidays, but we have been truly blessed with a wonderful residency family. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the fellowship, and watching our sweet lil' ones run around playing together.
It was a blessed Christmas and I pray you were blessed too.
Love, The Sperrys











No comments:
Post a Comment