Sunday, October 23, 2011

Strong Enough


Sadly, this has been a tough week. Well, maybe it has been a difficult two weeks.  My family has experienced tragedy with the loss of my cousin Justin.  My brothers and I grew up with Justin and Matthew.  Even as youngsters, Justin was the ringleader of mischief.  We often found ourselves getting into something as kiddos.  In our mischief, there was never a shortage of laughter.  It might be his fault that I'm such a tomboy!  It was funny and comforting to me as I heard others tell stories about Justin; That part of his personality stayed with him.  I don't believe my words adequately explain who Justin was to those around him.  I will leave it at this, he was a fun, joyous, thoughtful, giving, hard-working, loyal and so on....  Again, my words do not adequately memorialize him.  He was special and he will be missed.

Here is a picture at his house after the service in his garden.  It was beautiful and it was neat to stand in the midst of the work of his hands.  His front yard was full of flowers and the biggest lavender plant I have ever seen.  His back yard was full of beautiful, full veggies.  My aunt Julie told me stories of how Justin toiled in his garden until late into the night.  She said she would call him and his was pulling weeds at 2am!  Makes me giggle.  Makes me also realize the obsession with our gardens is a family-thing as I know I have pulled weeds until at least midnight before.  For me, there are very few things more comforting than working in the garden.  Obviously, that was the case for Justin too.

Justin will be missed.  And, our family covets your prayers for comfort and peace.



There are other things happening, that I desire prayer for.  Chris and I have been praying for a sibling for Kaleb for a long time now.  Either, it is not God's timing or my body is not ready, but it is not happening.  It's probably both. I have a friend who has openly shared her battle with infertility on her blog and it has been immensely comforting to me.  I don't feel like I would call my situation infertility, but "having troubles."  Maybe in some sort of small way, I might comfort others.  It is very hard, especially as many of my friends are having babies right now.  However, I am thankful that we have a beautiful son (even if I was told I would never be able to have a baby).  And, I'm trusting that God will continue to grow our family.  I questioned whether or not I should even share this on here, especially as I share about Justin, but as I grieve, I realize that both are hurting my heart right now.  With that said, I covet your prayers both for my extended and immediate family.  I realize prayer is mighty and it works.

And, I leave with you with two videos.






No comments: